How Long Does Neon Sign Last? Guide & Tips
Neon lights are a popular choice for businesses looking for an eye-catching way to advertise their products or services. But how long does neon sign last? And what kind of maintenance do they require? Read Orant Neon’s post below to know more!
1. How long do neon sign last?
Neon sign are popular for their vibrant colors and eye-catching designs. They’re often used to advertise businesses and attract attention to special events. But how long can you leave a neon light on? To learn more now!
1.1 LED signs
LED signs have a 50,000-hour continuous use rating. If a failure does take place, it usually involves the circuit board or transformer, and if it does so after the warranty has expired, a reasonably priced replacement can be provided. Unlike Glass Neon, LEDs cannot be replaced once they have reached the end of their useful lives.
1.2 Glass neon
Glass neon lights have a 75,000-hour continuous use rating. However, they can be re-gassed once they have served their purpose (filled with fresh Neon gas). This shows that your Glass LED sign can last for many years with the right care. Because of this, glass are more expensive than typical LED signs.
>>> Refer: Neon vs LED Sign | Which Is The Best One To Use?
2. Factors affecting the longevity of neon signs
There are several factors that can affect the longevity of a neon light, such as the quality of the materials used, the sign’s installation, and the conditions under which it is operated. In this article, we will take a closer look at each of these factors and how they can impact the lifespan of a neon light.
2.1 Transformer Life
The expected lifespan of your neon LED transformer is eight to fifteen years. The only factor influencing the numbers is how frequently and effectively you use the signs. If a sign is placed indoors and out of the sun, it will last longer than if it is constantly outside.
How long does a neon sign last depends on the transformer's life
When used outdoors and exposed to the sun, transformers may be damaged so they won't last as long as indoor signs.
>>> Refer: Neon Sign Transformer | Important Information To Know
Neon light exposed to the wrong power source will quickly be damaged. A flashing neon will shorten their lifespan.
2.3 Tube Life
The glass tubes that emit light from neon typically last 8 to 15 years. You might get your money's worth if it's adequately maintained and placed in the right environment. Coatings can last between seven and ten years, depending on the use of signs.
2.4 Power Supply
The time the sign remains up can also be affected by problems with an unstable power supply. You should inform the installer of this prior to having the sign installed. A reputable neon light manufacturer will guarantee the system's high caliber.
>>> Read more: Neon Sign Colors, How To Choose Them?
3. How to increase the life of neon lights?
Here are some simple ways you can help prolong the life of your neon sign:
- If you operate the sign continuously it is recommended that you turn it off for 24 hours at least every 14 days –This will give the transformer and the light bulb (for LED signs) a break from operating for so long they can may overheat.
- You can dim neon LEDs for a while (if they allow this functionality).
- Clean dust around signs regularly – If not cleaned, dirt can cause signs to tarnish.
- Neon signs should not be unplugged daily as it will increase wear and tear.
- Regular maintenance of neon lights.
The most important thing is still the quality of the Neon LED you choose To ensure this, you must choose to buy a neon at a reputable address, which comes with a reasonable warranty (warranty for at least one year).
4. Where to buy quality neon lights?
Every one of the handmade neon lights is made from kid-safe, cost-effective, and environmentally friendly neon light tubes. You should pick a custom LED sign from Orant Neon for the following reasons:
- Our objective is to offer a premium product at the best possible price.
- A 24-month warranty is offered on all outdoor and indoor signs to cover any flaws.
- Orant Neon offers contemporary neon flex technology, which is stronger and lighter than vintage glass neon.
- Their neon sign sale is economical and environmentally responsible thanks to their low energy consumption and lifespan of more than 100,000 hours.
- Orant Neon uses heat-free light tubes without damaged or broken glass to make our custom neon signs.
Strategies for prolonging the lifespan of neon lights include proper installation, using the correct voltage, and maintaining the sign properly. Orant Neon hopes that the above article has helped you know how long does neon sign last.